Monday, March 7, 2011

Quilty

yAY! I got a new sewing/embroidering machine on saturday! I haven't sewn in 3'ish weeks and i am a stay at home mom... who shares a car with her husband: Things were getting pretty lame here and my mood incredibly stale. My real job/first priority is taking care of the kids, but to be honest... they only want soo much to do with me before i become the 3rd. wheel :(
My first day back in business, I made Evee(my oldest daughter) a new quilt! I usually never have a plan... i just get excited and start sewing. I run into issues/dilemmas often, but fixing them is half the fun anyways... as long as it doesn't involve a seem ripper! Todays ISSUE: I made the ratio about 6:10... the quilt was way too narrow at first and taller than i am... so, I added a bunch of tan material to the outer edges to balance it out.
This is just the front of the quilt. I haven't decided what to do with the back. Most likely it will be all tan material with a colorful border and Evee's name embroidered in the middle.

3 comments:

  1. lol @ "and taller than I am", Wow, so not very tall at all then, huh? !
    Chris C
    Leader of the Elves

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha ha ha... thank you! this just made me laugh out loud! it must be 6ft tall... that's pretty tall for a toddler :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can make $20 for completing a 20 minute survey!

    Guess what? This is exactly what big companies are paying me for. They need to know what their customer base needs and wants. So big companies pay millions of dollars per month to the average person. In return, the average person, like me and you, answers some questions and gives them their opinion.

    ReplyDelete