Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Retro Toddler Skirt






SOoo... only a few weeks in and the truth comes out... I really(really, really) like to sew! You will definitely see different types of work through the next year, but i'm going to try a TON of new sewing projects! I have two lovely girls at home, so most of the clothing items I post, will probably be mini sized.... Like this skirt I made with the help of my Evee girl! This is a perfect first project for any one. It only requires 2 rectangular pieces of your favorite fabric, thread and a small length of elastic. Also, finishing with a thick ribbon is optional... ours is not attached. When making items at home, always remember upcycling is key! The material used for this skirt was extra from another project and the Ribbon was a belt from a pair of pants I bought long ago... something told me to keep it around and i'm glad I did, because the colors matched perfect! There is nothing like the satisfaction you get from making something OLD(and useless), into something new(and some times fashionable)!
Like what you see? Feel free to email me with requests... this item can be made to meet you sizing, texture and color needs :) --->happy crafty folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment