Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Jean Fix







Some times people are given things in life. If you are like me, you weren't given height or money :) I am short... filthy bottom,torn jeans are the story of my life(on top of diaper changing and laundry). Last week(while wearing my favorite jeans) at my sisters, I went to stand up and heard my pants make the saddest noise :( when I looked down, they were torn all the way up to my calve. Most people would say toss'em and buy a new pair... but since my full time position doesn't pay with cash... I will make them last a little longer. Today, I wanted to share how easy it is to fix your favorite jeans! I know it's fashionable these days, to sport holes in your jeans and leggings... BUT, I live in WNY & it gets cold here!
SOo...fixing jeans 101... for people that have access to sewing machines:
~find a patch... this can be an old piece of scrap fabric or a store bought patch
~pin it to the inner side of your jeans
~I usually start by doing a straight stitched square around the patch
~remove the pins
~you can go the strictly functional route or attempt to copy cat the sloppy patchwork that is also in these days. Heres where I turn the zig zag function on and just go back and forth in every direction
This quick guide may not win you any fashion shows, but it will fix you holey jeans and keep your legs a little bit warmer. But then again, it might win you a fashion show.

No comments:

Post a Comment