Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Upcycled toddler dresses



ISN'T SHE THE CUTEST?!?! sorry, just saying :)

Did you ever have a t-shirt that you just couldn't get rid of? Even though you knew it would NEVER fit again, had built in deodorant that couldn't be washed out and would never come back in style. Well some of you may have already realized, but for those of you who haven't: toddlers can pull off any style... even MORE so when they have red hair! Today I tried to make dresses for the girls. I think there is definitely room for improvement, but over all it was not a total failure... and most importantly it was fun. Todays materials consisted of a 10 year old fishy favorite(purchased at tj maxx) and a tie dye shirt(handed down from my mom) that is probably closer to 15 years old. I have been in denial for 5 years, as far as the koi shirt goes.... it was way to tight and short after the 2nd wash...but it was my favorite! The tye die shirt has awesome colors that haven't faded since the day I inherited it... but the fit is horrible. I thought it was too cool too get rid of, though I packed it away(for salvation army) half a dozen times.


15 year old tie dyed T-shirt...thanks MoM!


I started by tracing a store bought dress... and then forgot about taking
pictures of the other steps...LOL...so you are on your own!

Always snacking!

I'm pleased with todays out come... but look forward to cutting up more clothes!

3 comments:

  1. That baby could wear a paper bag and still be the most adorable baby in the universe! I'm going to raid the boxes in the basement for some of Matt's old geeky tees that he's had since college. It's time for Vicky to get her Geek on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! SOo exciting!I guess i never thought about cutting up Aarons t-shirts... but that is a fabulous idea! We have tons of clothes in the attic that will never be worn again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet! I love clothing recycling.

    ReplyDelete